Every year, many Americans suffer serious injuries due to accidents. These accidents, whether due to a car accident, a slip and fall, or due to the negligence of another person can be devastating for victims and their families. According to the Centers for Disease Control, the cost of fall injuries to Medicare is $31 billion. These figures don’t account for the other adults who are not covered by Medicare who suffer slip and fall injuries. Slip and fall accidents can result in broken hips, traumatic brain injury, broken bones, and other internal injuries. The Jones Law Firm has personal injury lawyers in Alexandria, LA who understand the unique challenges that victims and their families face after an accident. Families may struggle to pay medical expenses and to make ends meet if a loved one misses time at work. Sometimes serious injuries require victims and their loved ones to undergo major lifestyle changes. Fortunately, Louisiana law offers important protections to individuals who have been personally injured in Alexandria, LA. The Jones Law Firm can review the facts of your case and will fight hard to assist your family in receiving a recovery for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering damages. You may only have a limited amount of time to collect a recovery under the law. Contact the personal injury attorneys at the Jones Law Firm today to learn more.
Whether you’ve been hurt in a car accident, truck accident, or slip and fall accident due to another person’s negligence or neglect, you may have the right to seek compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Many individuals who have been hurt wonder what their claim may be worth. The reality is that every claim is unique. If you are unsure about what your claim is worth or how much you may deserve from the insurance company, it can be helpful to have the Jones Law Firm, personal injury lawyers in Alexandria, LA on your side. When determining the value of a claim, your personal injury attorney will take a look at several facts. Your attorney will review the circumstances of your accident to evaluate negligence. Your lawyer will also assess your bills and expenses to determine the value of your claim. Most importantly, lawyers at the Jones Law Firm in Alexandria, LA know the local judges and their individual habits for valuing cases. The judge assigned to your case is the best indication of the value you can expect. Here are some other things your personal injury lawyer in Alexandria, LA will consider when assessing the value of your claim:
- Comparative Fault Law: In Louisiana, you are permitted to collect damages even if you are 99% at fault. However, your damages will be reduced based on your percentage of fault. This means that if you are found 30% at fault for an accident and the other party is found 70% at fault, you will only be permitted to collect 70% of the total damages. So, if your damages are $100,000, in this case, you would only collect $70,000, or 70% of damages. In some cases, individuals may want to pursue a personal injury lawsuit, even if the other party is to blame only for a small percentage of the accident. For instance, spinal cord injury victims’ damages can go into the millions of dollars. Even ten percent of this value can amount to $100,000 or more, a substantial claim for families struggling with new challenges. The case your lawyer presents for the value of your claim also matters when juries determine negligence and fault. This is why it is important to find a qualified personal injury lawyer, like the Jones Law Firm, in Alexandria, LA.
- Old Bills: Your personal injury attorney will also review old bills in determining the value of your claim. You may be entitled to receive a recovery for medical bills, rehabilitation bills, medical equipment expenses, and other costs related to your injury.
- Lost Wages: The Jones Law Firm, your personal injury attorney in Alexandria, LA, will also look at your pay stubs to estimate and evaluate lost wages.
- Future Expenses: While your lawyer can often easily estimate the value of your claim by looking at the medical bills and expenses you’ve already incurred, a qualified personal injury attorney in Alexandria, LA will also assess the value of future expenses. These expenses can sometimes make up the bulk of your claim. For example, spinal cord injury survivors and survivors of traumatic brain injury may require ongoing medical care and accommodations. The Jones Law Firm, personal injury lawyer Alexandria, LA, can consult with medical experts to support claims for future expenses and lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: Pain and suffering damages are often considered one of the more subjective claims made in personal injury lawsuits. Yet, these claims are incredibly important. Victims who suffer due to another person’s negligence may not be able to enjoy former life activities, may not be able to enjoy the well-being that goes along with supporting their families, and may miss out on other life experiences. Pain and suffering damages compensate survivors for these losses and help support survivors in seeking alternative accommodations following an injury. Pain and suffering damages are calculated by personal injury attorneys using formulas based on type of treatment, length of treatment, emotional distress, and most importantly knowing the habits of the Judge handling your case or the dispositions of the jury pool in the area.
If you’ve been hurt in an accident, you and your loved ones may be struggling to make sense of life and move forward. The Jones Law Firm has personal injury lawyers who understand the unique challenges you and your loved ones may be experiencing. Our firm works diligently to help families and victims receive the maximum recovery permitted under the law. The days and weeks following an accident can be filled with uncertainty. You don’t have to navigate the legal system and speak to insurance adjusters alone. The personal injury attorneys at the Jones Law Firm in Alexandria, LA are here to support you and help you seek the damages you may deserve.
Have a few common questions you need answered immediately? Be sure to visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for some answers pertaining to Mr. Jones' cost and availability. If you'd like to know how much it will cost to consult or retain Mr. Jones for your family, traffic, or injury cases, please visit our FAQs or contact us immediately. Don't see a question you need answered? Send us a message by visiting our contact page.
Learn more about why we are best suited to help you reach your goals!
The Jones Law Firm is a small firm established in November of 2009. The Firm was established upon a foundation of specific principals. We aim to use these principals to renew the reputation of attorneys. We are small; this allows us to know your case intimately. We understand the law; this allows us to accurately explain your rights and options. We are honest; you will develop a trust in us and come to know that we will always protect your best interests. We work hard; we make ourselves accessible and are always happy to answer questions or lend advice.
We believe that the practice of law is an honor, not a privilege. That honor is greatly respected by our firm. It is an honor to be able to aid our clients through difficult and trying tribulations. We understand that your case is the most important event in your life. We appreciate that fact, and we make sure that our actions reflect your desires.
Our goal, whether it be through settlement or trial, is always to ensure your complete satisfaction.
WE WIN, FOR YOU! Let me explain. You only have one case, one chance. Your case is the most important problem in your life at the moment. It should be my most important problem too. You should not be just another client in the system.
At the "big" law farms (not firms), your case will get lost in the shuffle. You will be treated like another number, a profit margin. At the Jones Law Firm, you will be treated like a person, with dignity. You will meet a real lawyer who will talk to you like a real person with real issues.
Oh, and did I mention WE WIN! Now, I cannot guarantee results. No lawyer can. If a lawyer promises results up front, he is a liar not a lawyer. No lawyer can predict the decision of a judge or jury. But, I can guarantee that we will plan, organize, and present a beautiful trial.
That is why we win. We maximize your chances of success.
We are technologically advanced; we are procedurally efficient; we are eloquently persuasive. We are organized, meticulous, dedicated, and prepared. Most importantly, we do this not for the case or numbers - we do this for you! You'll see, like all of our other happy clients will tell you. Check our reviews and call me. I'll prove it!